Creating a New Growth Tool
Click the Growth Plugins Tab of your Dashboard to see an overview of your active Growth Tools. You'll likely see that your AbandonCartCheckbox is already activated.
To create another Growth Tool, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Create a Plugin
To build your own plugin, click Create in the top right hand corner
Step 2: Choose a Strategy
The strategy you chose will determine when to show your promotion. For this example, we'll choose a Promotion Upon Arrival. This means an offer will be displayed to your users shortly after arriving to your store.
Step 3: Choose a Design Template and Name Your Plugin
Choose between a modal, flyout or page takeover.
- [Recommended] A modal will display in the middle of your screen
- A flyout will display in the bottom right hand corner of your page
- A page take over will take over the entire screen.
For this example, we'll choose Modal. Once you've selected a design Choose a Name for the plugin. We will input a default name, but feel free to change the name to anything you'll easily recognize.
Step 4: Customizing Your Plugin Design
There are three plugin states you'll need to choose settings for:
Opened State: This is how your plugin will initially appear before a user opts in.
For this state you’ll want to choose a promotion layout, custom or default images, a logo image, text layout, edit your text and whether you’d like this promotion to be able to be dismissed.
Completed State: This is how the plugin will display after a user opts in.
For this state you’ll want to choose a promotion layout, custom or default images, a logo image, text layout, edit your text, add a discount code and whether you'd like to auto apply the discount.
*Please note that auto-applying the discount only works out of the box for Shopify stores.
Minimized State: This is an optional, persistent state. The minimized state is shown until the user clicks the close icon.
If you decide to turn this on, you'll want to customize the layout, location, color and ability for the user to dismiss the offer.
Step 5: Choose Behavior Settings for Your Plugin
By default, ShopMessage will select behaviors based on the strategy that you have selected.
There are three behavior settings that you are able to customize, we've outlined them below.
Please note that users will only be shown ANY plugins when they are both logged into Facebook and not an existing ShopMessage Contact.
- Open Growth Plugin: These settings will determine when your Opened State promotion will initially display to your users.
- Show Minimized Growth Plugin: This setting will allow you to turn the plugins Minimized State on or off and decide when this state should display.
- Advanced Rules: These settings allow you to create specific rules so that your plugin fits seamlessly on your iste.
Step 6: Follow-up
Decide how you want to welcome your new subscribers to your brand and if you'd like to segment your new contacts.
- Send a message to your new Contacts: Click on Create a Flow to build a Welcome Message for your new contacts! By default, ShopMessage will apply the necessary rules and a Welcome template.
Organize Contacts to target them later: Choose to trigger a custom event or set a visitor property against your new contacts.
Custom Events will allow you to later segment users into custom audiences, or fire flows based on that custom event.
User Properties allow you to store anything you like about your users, think of these as user tags.
Step 7: Preview and Publish Your Plugin
Use the Preview button to see how your new plugin will appear on your website. Once you're satisfied with your design, behavior and follow-up, it's time to publish your plugin! Click Publish to set it live.